Wednesday, December 09, 2009

THE NUCLEAR OPTION

Dinner tonight consisted of boneless beef short ribs, char-grilled after having been doused in a Korean-style marinade of soy, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, pear, and sliced scallions. Delicious.

Sticking with the Korean theme, I served myself some kimchi on the side. And since there was no way in hell SWMBO was gonna eat that kimchi, I roasted some Brussels sprouts to serve as a second vegetable.

Kimchi and Brussels sprouts. Now, there’s a combination to conjure with.

If there is a better recipe for Nuclear Farts, I have yet to find it. Hell, the flatulence that resulted from yesterday’s Kimchi Omelette was enough to make strong men weep: Adding the sprouts is like throwing gasoline on a fire.

I’ll be heading up to the bedroom in a few moments, and my only hope is that the Missus is sleeping deeply enough so that the intermittent Stench-Bombs don’t awaken her.

I’ll bet they make for some really interesting dreams, though...

No comments: