Friday, December 18, 2009

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Friday.

Not just Friday, but an amazingly cold, nasty Friday here in Atlanta, the beating heart of the Deep Souf. I’ve spent the entire morning running errands, driving around in a cold, soaking rain, the drops pelting down in great wind-driven sheets.

I suppose it could be worse. A few degrees colder, and we’d be having an ice storm instead.

But now I’m in my nice, warm house, listening to this week’s Randomly Assembled List of Tunage, selected stochastically by the iPod d’Elisson. Let’s take a look and see what’s playing:
  1. O’Reilly At The Bar - Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks

  2. Skylark - Don Julin

    Gotta love Don Julin. Who else plays Frank Zappa tunes on the mandolin?

  3. The Mikado, Act II: Here’s a How-De-Do! If I Marry You - d’Oyly Carte Opera Company

  4. Zanset Nou Yo - Boukman Eksperyans

  5. Ani Shelach - Neshama Carlebach

  6. The Eyes of Fate - The Incredible String Band

  7. Meet Me Tomorrow Night - Professor Longhair

  8. Spanish Ladies - Robert Shaw

    Perfectly apropos, considering that we will be having yet another Aubrey-Maturin Dinner tomorrow evening.

  9. Barnyard Story - Procol Harum

    Chicken in the farmyard
    There’s an oven in your bin
    You’re growing old with sorrow
    You’re growing fat with sin
    I was living in the graveyard
    I was hanging from the wall
    I was living in the desert
    I was trying not to fall

    Once I stood upon Olympus
    Then the heavens opened wide
    I beheld that flaming chariot
    And I saw the sacred bride
    Now and then my life seems truer
    Now and then my life seems pure
    All in all, my thoughts are fewer
    Maybe death will be my cure


  10. Oh No - Frank Zappa

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: