Friday, December 25, 2009

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

There’s only about ninety minutes left of this Friday, but it’s not too late to see what’s playing on the Little White Choon-Box. Let’s take a look, shall we?
  1. Uncle Meat - Frank Zappa

  2. Weasels Ripped My Flesh - Frank Zappa

  3. Gun Street Girl - Tom Waits

  4. Bodhisattva - Steely Dan

  5. Quite Rightly So (Live) - Procol Harum

    This is the leadoff cut on Procol Harum’s Shine On Brightly album. I remember buying the LP sometime shortly after it came out, solely on the strength of my having liked PH’s older singles “Whiter Shade of Pale” and “Homburg” - and when I heard this song, I knew I had made a good investment.

    For you (whose eyes were opened wide, whilst mine refused to see)
    I’m sore in need of saving grace. Be kind and humour me
    I’m lost amidst a sea of wheat
    Where people speak but seldom meet
    And grief and laughter, strange but true
    Although they die, they seldom cry

    An ode by any other name I know might read more sweet
    Perhaps the sun will never shine upon my field of wheat
    But still in closing, let me say
    For those too sick, too sick to see
    Though nothing shows, yes, someone knows
    I wish that one was me


  6. Free Bird Jam (Live) - Ben Folds Five

  7. Look Into The Sun - Jethro Tull

  8. The Beach Gets Cold - Michael Leviton

  9. Let’s Make The Water Turn Black - Bohuslan Big Band

  10. Because - The Beatles

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: