Friday, September 11, 2009

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Friday always seems to come around faster when there’s a holiday on Monday.

But whether it arrives quickly or slowly, Friday comes around every seven days, dragging along with it the Friday Random Ten, the weekly Heap o’ Hashed-Up Harmonies, hocked out by the iPod d’Elisson.

What’s on the box today? Let’s check it out:
  1. Quicksand - Travis

  2. Florentine Pogen (Live) - Frank Zappa

    Lyrics here.

  3. Olisimme Uineet Vieläkin Piedemmälle - Alamaailman Vasarat

  4. Sweet Virginia - The Rolling Stones

    Wading through the waste stormy winter
    And there’s not a friend to help you through
    Trying to stop the waves behind your eyeballs
    Drop your reds, drop your greens and blues

    Thank you for your wine, California
    Thank you for your sweet and bitter fruits
    Yes, I’ve got the desert in my toenail
    And hid the speed inside my shoe

    But come on, come on down, sweet Virginia
    Come on, honey child, I beg of you

    Come on, come on down, you got it in you
    Got to scrape that shit right off your shoes


  5. Unikkotango - Alamaailman Vasarat

  6. Reggae fi May Ayim - Linton Kwesi Johnson

  7. Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey - The Beatles

    Perry Como’s cover version is still my favorite...

  8. The Mikado, Act I: Our Great Mikado, Virtuous Man - D’Oyly Carte Opera Company

  9. My Life Is Good - Randy Newman

  10. Holy Ground - The Klezmatics

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: