Friday, September 04, 2009

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

How did it get to be Friday again so soon?

No matter. What matters is, it is Friday...which means that it is time once again for my Little White Choon-Box to disgorge yet another Random Pile of Choons with which to prepare myself for the rigors of Labor Day. Ohh, the pain!

What’s playing today? Lessee:
  1. House Where Nobody Lives - Tom Waits

  2. Your Mother Should Know - The Beatles

  3. Freylekhe Kneydlekh (Happy Matzoh-Balls) - The Klezmer Conservatory Band

  4. The Mikado, Act II: Brightly Dawns Our Wedding Day - D’Oyly Carte Opera Company

  5. Black Napkins - Frank Zappa

  6. Blues For The Muse - The Incredible String Band

  7. New Holes - Doug Stanhope

  8. Back To The Family - Jethro Tull

    My telephone wakes me in the morning -
    Have to get up to answer the call.
    So I think I’ll go back to the family
    Where no one can ring me at all.
    Living this life has its problems
    So I think that I’ll give it a break.
    Oh, I’m going back to the family
    ’Cos I’ve had about all I can take.

    Master’s in the counting house
    Counting all his money.
    Sister’s sitting by the mirror -
    She thinks her hair looks funny.
    And here am I thinking to myself
    Just wond’ring what things to do.

    I think I enjoyed all my problems
    Where I did not get nothing for free.
    Oh, I’m going back to the family -
    Doing nothing is bothering me.
    I’ll get a train back to the city
    That soft life is getting me down.
    There’s more fun away from the family
    Get some action when I pull into town.

    Everything I do is wrong,
    What the hell was I thinking?
    Phone keeps ringing all day long
    I got no time for thinking.
    And every day has the same old way
    Of giving me too much to do.


  9. Animal Zoo - Spirit

  10. Bloody Well Right - Supertramp

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: