Tuesday, March 24, 2009

AN UNEASY TRUCE

I’m staring at my Nemesis;
She has my full attention.
The tortures I’d commit on her?
Too horrible to mention.

I’d arch my back and hiss and spit
And puff my fur coat well out,
In hopes of scaring her - the shit! -
And running her the hell out.

If she stayed put? Well, then I’d rip
The eyes out of her head.
But for the moment, I’ll retire
To underneath my bed.


The above notwithstanding, Hakuna and Neighbor seem to have come to an uneasy truce over the past several weeks. They generally will avoid one another’s company, but once in a while they will look at each other without untoward incident. Gawd only knows what they are thinking.

Here, Hakuna regards Neighbor with rapt attention:

I am Looking at You

As for Neighbor, she, from the looks of things, just does not give Shit One. Too busy basking in the sunbeam, perhaps.

Recumbent Neighbor

More details in this, our own Tale of Two Kitties, as they develop.

No comments: