Friday, March 06, 2009

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Yes, Esteemed Readers - it’s Friday again, which means that it’s time once again to seek out the iPod d’Elisson to see what Random Musicality it may choose to disgorge.

What’s playing? Let’s just take a look, shall we?
  1. Star 69 - Fatboy Slim

    A masterpiece of melody and lyricism.

    What the fuck?
    They know what is what,
    But they don’t know what is what,
    They just strut.

    What the fuck?

    They just know,
    What they know,
    What they don’t know,
    What is what,
    They just strut.

    What the fuck?


  2. Rock and Roll Music - The Beatles

  3. Walking on the Sun - Smash Mouth

  4. Density 21.5 - Edgard Varèse

  5. Khasene Tanz - The Klezmer Conservatory Band

  6. Mr. Pinstripe Suit - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

  7. Roast Beef of Old England - USAF Heritage of American Band

  8. Breaking Glass - David Bowie

  9. First Girl I Loved - The Incredible String Band

    First girl I loved,
    Time has come I will sing you
    This sad goodbye song,
    When I was seventeen,
    I used to know you.

    Well, I haven’t seen you, now,
    Since many is the short year,
    And the last time I seen you,
    You said you’d joined the Church of Jesus.
    But me, I remember your long red hair
    Falling in our faces as I kissed you.

    Well, I want you to know, we just had to grow;
    I want you to know, I just had to go.

    And you’re probably married now,
    House and car and all,
    And you turned into a grownup female stranger.
    And if I was lying near you now,
    I wouldn’t be here at all.

    Well, we parted so hard;
    Me rushing round Britain with a guitar,
    Making love to people
    That I didn’t even like to see.

    Well, I would think of you.
    Yes, I mean in the sick sad morning.
    And in the lonely midnight,
    Try to hold your face before me.

    Well, I want you to know, I just had to go;
    I want you to know, we just had to grow.

    And you’re probably married now, kids and all,
    And you turned into a grownup female stranger.
    And if I was lying near you now,
    I’d just have to fall.

    Well, I never slept with you
    Though we must have made love a thousand times.
    For we were just young, didn’t have no place to go,
    But in the wide hills and beside many a long water
    You have gathered flowers, and they do not smell for me.

    Well, I want you to know, I just had to go.
    I want you to know, we just had to grow.

    So it’s goodbye first love, and I hope you’re fine.
    Well, I have a sweet woman
    Maybe some day to have babies by me,
    She is pretty,
    Is a true friend of mine.


  10. Suicidal Dream - Silverchair

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: