Thursday, October 04, 2007

Happy Birthday Eli’s Son

Because my dear husband treats the blogosphere to long essays on the birthdays of all his loved ones, I thought he deserved the same treatment. At fifty-five, he is as young at heart as the day I met him when he was twenty-three. My mother, upon meeting him, asked, “Does he kick dogs or something?” That’s how perfect he is, a great looking outside all soft and sensitive on the inside. I learned this after watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with him when we were dating. At the end, as the elevator lifts through the glass ceiling, I looked over at him, and this new man in my life was crying...crying at Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. His explanation: Willy Wonka had given something to Charlie that was life changing, something Charlie didn’t even know he wanted. That must have been the minute I fell in love with him, and he gave me something life changing and something I didn’t even know I wanted...him. Happy birthday, my love.

No comments: