Wednesday, February 24, 2010

TWEE-VEE

According to Skippy, the insanely popular Twitter feed shitmydadsays is being converted into a family television comedy. [Just what kind of family, deponent sayeth not.]

Yeah, I did a spit take, too, when I read that. But the beauty part? William Shatner has been cast as the eponymous Dad.

I’m guessing that if an actual network picks the series up, they’re gonna have to change the name. Even HBO, which may have set the land speed record for utterances of the word “cocksucker” during the series “Deadwood,” probably would back off from using the word “shit” in a show’s title.

Now I’m waiting for a teevee producer to come along and decide to make a series out of, say, a blog that features a lot of recipes, cat pictures, and poems about topics like painful rectal itch, tapered stools, and taint warheads. But maybe I shouldn’t hold my breath.

No comments: