Friday, August 15, 2008

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

It’s time once again for our weekly installment of Random Musicality, brought to you by my very own Little White Choon Box.

It’s a massive exercise in self-indulgence, this business of posting iPod playlists. Who really gives a crap what I listen to on a Friday morning?

But, looked at another way, it’s an opportunity for my Esteemed Readers to get some insight into the kind of music that forms a backdrop to my twisted life...and vice versa. Besides, blogging itself, when you boil it down to its essentials, is itself nought but a massive exercise in self-indulgence. And, in my case, Self-Aggrandizement and Time-Wastage, too. Says so, right up at the top of this page.

Speaking of which, I’ve already wasted enough of your time. What’s on the box this week?
  1. I’ve Got My Mojo Working - Professor Longhair

    The king of Creole (not to be confused with King Creole). One of the highlights of our visit to New Orleans five years ago was an evening at Tipitina’s, Fess’s old dance hall.

  2. Maahan - Alamaailman Vasarat

    I think Gregor would love this band.

  3. Dem Rebn’s Nign - The Klezmer Conservatory Band

  4. Five Fifteen - Phish

    Being a cover of the song from the Who’s Quadrophenia.

  5. Scenic World - Beirut

  6. Stairway To Heaven - Frank Zappa

  7. Fries - Bill Hicks

  8. Act I - Overture - D’Oyly Carte Opera Company, The Mikado

  9. Act III - King, Part 2 - Philip Glass, Satyagraha

  10. Dachau Blues - Captain Beefheart

    From the landmark Trout Mask Replica album. For many people, TMR is completely unlistenable...but it has some amazing flashes of genius.

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: