Friday, August 01, 2008

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Wow, Friday already? So it is.

By now, you probably know what that means. It’s time for this week’s Morass o’ Musical Mungitude as disgorged by my very own Little White Choon-Box. Yes, it’s the Friday Random Ten!

The summer is beginning to wind down here at Chez Elisson, with She Who Must Be Obeyed returning to work this coming Monday. The Mistress of Sarcasm is busily painting her room here, after having finished cleaning out the basement, our pantry, and half of the closets...and setting up a studio. Wow, what energy! It borders on the obnoxious.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend, a weekend during which I expect to commune with the spirits of Poetry, Music, Single Malt Whisky, and Smoked Meats. And, speaking of music, what’s on the box this week?
  1. I Missed The Bus - Skankin’ Pickle

  2. I Am A Rock - Simon & Garfunkel

  3. Who’s The Boss - Bobby Slayton

  4. Cry Baby Cry - The Beatles

  5. How To Be Dumb - Elvis Costello

  6. Just A Little Bit - James Hooker

  7. I’ll Be Home - Randy Newman

  8. I’m Looking Through You - The Beatles

  9. Pachalafaka - Soupy Sales

    Pachalafaka, pachalafaka
    They whisper it all over Turkey
    Pachalafaka, pachalafaka
    It sounds so romantic and perky
    Oh, I know that phrase
    Will make me thrill always
    For it reminds me of you, my sweet
    Just the mention of
    That tender word of love
    Gives my heart a jerkish, Turkish beat

    I won’t say “c’est bon”
    Or “l’amour toujours”
    For they can’t express what I’m feeling
    Even “mairzy doats” or
    Other foreign quotes
    Don’t seem to be quite so appealing
    But pachalafaka, pachalafaka!
    Takes me back with you to passionate desert scenes
    And it’s there we’ll stay
    Till the very day
    We find out what pachalafaka means!


  10. Prince Nez - Squirrel Nut Zippers

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: