Thursday, June 28, 2007

A KITTY YAHRZEIT

Laurence and the Big Grumpus z''l
Laurence Simon and the late Edloe.

It’s been two years since one of the great lights of Kittydom went dark. Today marks the second anniversary of Edloe’s passing.

Readers of Laurence Simon’s site, This Blog Is Full Of Crap, along with the regular readers of and participants in the weekly Carnival of the Cats, will remember Edlow as a huge furry grumpus who took up an inordinate amount of Houston real estate. But we all loved her, and her absence has left a void in the Kitty Bloggy-Sphere.

A couple of weeks ago, I stopped by the home of one of my fellow Minyan Boyz, only to discover that he has two cats. The younger of the two, one Lucy by name, is a dead ringer (you should excuse the expression) for Edloe. [I will need to get some pictures and post them; I know you are curious.] Upon seeing Lucy, I felt a momentary pang...which was quickly replaced by a warm memory. I thought to myself, “As long as we remember her, Edloe lives.”

Laurence is busy tonight in Second Life inaugurating Edloe Island, a chunk of virtual real estate dedicated to the late beloved Grumpus. I hope everyone has a great time...but it would be appropriate to light a virtual candle in Edloe’s memory, and perhaps to recite the Mourner’s Cattish...

No comments: