Friday, June 12, 2009

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN -
32nd ANNIVERSARY EDITION

SWMBO on Parade
She Who Must Be Obeyed: my loving Helpmeet and Soulmate of 32 years. You can’t always get what you want, so they say... but sometimes you do! I sure did.

Not to imply that I’ve been posting these random collections of my iPod contents for thirty-two years, of course. Thirty-two years ago, had I been doing anything comparable, it would have involved assembling a random assortment of LP cuts, writing them down (or typing them on a - gasp! - typewriter) and then mimeographing the results and sending them out via Snail Mail to people who, mostly, did not give Rat’s Ass One about them. But no.

Thirty-two years ago today, I got hitched to the Love of My Life, the incomparable SWMBO: She Who Must Be Obeyed.

To commemorate the occasion - and since I did not post a Random Ten last week, owing to my being away on my annual Golfy Mini-Vacation - today I will break with precedent and post a Friday Random Thirty-Two: One track for each year the Missus and I have been married. One song for every year she has had to put up with my bullshit. And since we will be away on our annual Destin trip next week, on the off chance I can’t find an Internet connection, this will provide you with a full three weeks worth of Randomized Choons.

So, what’s playing? This:
  1. Wishful Sinful - The Doors

  2. The Whole World (Radio Edit) - Outkast

  3. Help! - The Beatles

  4. Flipper - Béla Fleck & the Flecktones

  5. Black Napkins - Frank Zappa

  6. No Good Deed - Original Cast Recording, Wicked

  7. Ebony - Ahmad Jamal

  8. Art School Girl - Stone Temple Pilots

  9. Knives Out - Radiohead

  10. Get Back - The Beatles

  11. The Barber And His Wife - Original Cast Recording, Sweeney Todd

  12. Eve Of The War - Jeff Wayne

  13. Evaporated - Ben Folds Five

  14. Bookshop Casanova - The Clentele

  15. Helmi Otsalla - Alamaailman Vasarat

  16. Way Back in the 1960s - The Incredible String Band

  17. Kolomeyke - The Klezmatics

  18. Bach: Fugue #7 in E flat major (from The Well-Tempered Clavier) - Wendy Carlos

  19. Fat Man in the Bathtub (Live) - Little Feat

  20. Easily - Red Hot Chili Peppers

  21. Soir De Fête - Yann Tiersen, Le Fabuleux Destin d’Amélie Poulain

  22. Defeat Is Always Momentary - James Newton Howard, King Kong (2005)

  23. Waka Jawaka - Frank Zappa

  24. Arabian Kuu - Tuomari Nurmio & Alamaailman Vasarat

  25. When Yuppies Go To Hell - Frank Zappa

  26. Stone Language - Klaus Badelt, The Time Machine (2002)

  27. It’s Hard To be A Saint In The City - Bruce Springsteen

  28. Misery - The Beatles

  29. Child Is Father Of The Man - Brian Wilson

  30. Cigarette - Ben Folds Five

  31. She’s Too Much For My Mirror - Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band

  32. Domino - Van Morrison

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: