Friday, May 15, 2009

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Welcome to yet another Friday Random Ten at Blog d’Elisson, the weekly exercise in exaggerated self-importance in which I post ten tunes, puked up at random by the iPod d’Elisson, on the assumption that you actually give a Rat’s Ass about what music I listen to.

I didn’t invent the Random Ten, of course. It’s a venerable meme, one that was floating around the Bloggy-Sphere well before I even owned an iPod. I’m pretty sure the first place I saw it was over at verbatim (my unofficial Blog-Mom), but it was also a regular item at Rox Populi - and twenty thousand other sites as well. Once I got my hot little hands on an iPod of my own, I thought, “Oh, boy - now I can play, too!”

But you don’t want all of this preamulatory palaver, do you? Of course not. You want Choons - and here they are:
  1. Invitation - Philip Glass, Notes on a Scandal

  2. Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Monty Python’s Spamalot

  3. Get Behind the Mule - Tom Waits

  4. The Grotto - Bernard Herrmann, Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)

  5. Bay Bondye Glwa - Boukman Eksperyans

    A group with whom I have a love-Haiti relationship.

  6. You & Me & the Bottle Makes 3 Tonight (Baby) - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

  7. Frank (for Frank Zappa) - Wolfgang Schalk

  8. Ssekota - Maritu Legesse

  9. Moby Dick - Dread Zeppelin

  10. Condorbird - The Klezmatics

    From their Wonder Wheel album, featuring lyrics by Woody Guthrie, one-time resident of Coney Island.

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: