Friday, March 28, 2008

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

It’s Friday, which means it’s time once again for Blog d’Elisson’s Friday Random Ten, our Motley Assemblage of Music as disgorged at random by my Little White Choon-Box.

This is going to be a busy weekend. We’ve got show tickets for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings: Paula Poundstone and Audra McDonald at the Ferst Center and Avenue Q at the Fabulous Fox.

Meanwhile, Elder Daughter heads off for a week in Morocco tomorrow morning...and two weeks from tomorrow, she and I will be journeying to Tokyo to begin our long-awaited “Troublemakers in Japan” tour.

In the meantime, we have some Choons to check out. Here they is:
  1. Flipper - Béla Fleck & The Flecktones

  2. These Days - Nico

  3. You Can’t Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones

    But if you try, sometimes you get what you need.

  4. Hey Jude - The Beatles

    That other Great Band of the 1960’s.

  5. Pink Power Ranger - Bickley

    I wish I were a Mighty Morphin Ranger
    I could save your life when you’re in danger...
    I wanna fuck the Pink Power Ranger
    I wanna fuck the Pink Power Ranger
    I wanna fuck the Pink Power Ranger
    All night, watch the girl of my dreams...


  6. Sonata No. 3 in G Minor: II. Allegro - Rachel Isserlis & The Locatelli Trio: Locatelli - 10 Sonatas, Opus 8

  7. The Black Angel’s Death - The Velvet Underground

  8. Gershwin: An American in Paris - Leonard Bernstein, New York Philharmonic Orchestra

  9. The Search - Pat Metheny Group

  10. Whisky Train - Procol Harum

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: