Thursday, July 26, 2007

HELP

I seem to have a problem with the way my sidebar is displaying in Firefox.

It has shifted to the extreme right of the screen...and everything in it is centered. (Normally, some elements are centered, but not the whole frickin’ thing!) And now the footer has spread across the entire screen, no longer satisfied to stay in its box.

In IE, the sidebar is also all centered, but it drops to the bottom of the index page instead of cramming itself to the far right of the screen. And the footer does the same nutty thing it does in Firefox.

Anyone know what’s going on? Is this a Blogger issue? This all happened without my having made any template edits, so I’m guessing it has something to do with Blogger.

I’m pretty nitpicky about how my site looks, so you can imagine that this issue is driving me nuts. And, friends, it’s a short drive.

Update: All bettah now, thanks to the good offices of one D. J. Sloan, a friend of Erica’s, who discovered the problem...a post lacking a minor snippet of mislaid code, a single <div> marker. I continue to be amazed by the effort people will put forth on behalf of complete strangers in the Bloggy-Sphere, living proof of Will Rogers’s famous statement, “A stranger is just a friend I haven’t met yet.”

No comments: