Friday, July 20, 2007

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Owing to my nutty travel schedule - this is the first weekend I’ve been home in over a month - it has been a while since I’ve been able to post my usual Friday Random Ten.

This past week, just as I was getting reacquainted with the joys of being with the Missus after having been in Chicago five days, she left for Savannah to nurse the ailing Mistress of Sarcasm back to some semblance of health, returning yesterday evening. (The Mistress, in case you’re curious, is doing much better.)

My hermit-like Temporary Bachelor Existence was interrupted mid-week by a mini-blogmeet, occasioned by Velociman's presence in Atlanta. I met up with him at the Mellow Mushroom at Brookhaven Station, along with Denny, Zonker, Richard, Key, and the long-lost Kelley: that merry band of degenerates Blown-Eyed Blodgers. Joining us was John Cox of Cox and Forkum, the noted editorial cartoonists cum bloggers. I hope poor John didn’t suffer brain damage by virtue of being in the presence of so much concentrated lunacy.

I hope nobody has been suffering withdrawal from not having the usual weekly disgorgement of Random Musicality from the Little White Choon-Box d’Elisson. Heh. Time for your fix...but just to make things interesting, I’ll post excerpted lyrics from each cut. You tell me the artist and song:
  1. When all the dark clouds roll away
    And the sun begins to shine
    I see my freedom from across the way
    And it comes right in on time

  2. Mary dropped her pants by the sand
    And let a parson come and take her hand
    But the soul of no body knows
    Where the parson goes, where does the parson go?

  3. And in my hour of darkness
    She is standing right in front of me

  4. You’ve been good to me, you made me glad when I was blue,
    And eternally I’ll always be in love with you

  5. You can jump, you can holler
    Never lose what I found
    Heaven’s free ’cept for a dollar
    You can zig, you can zag
    Whoa I’m gonna stay, gonna stay around

  6. Sitting all alone by the fireside
    Listen to the wind in the chimney top
    Haven’t slept for days, and I’m still wide eyed
    Try not to think, but my mind won’t stop

  7. Is there anything good inside of you
    If there is, I really wanna know
    Is there anything
    Good inside of you
    If there is
    I really wanna
    Know
    Is there anything
    Good inside of you
    If there is
    I really wanna
    Know
    Is there?

  8. This town (town) is coming like a ghost town
    All the clubs have been closed down
    This place (town) is coming like a ghost town
    Bands won’t play no more
    Too much fighting on the dance floor

  9. And it’s time, time, time for the last rewind
    For a broken old man and a world unkind
    He buried all his memories of home
    In an icy clump that lies beneath the ground

  10. She was a debutante daisy
    With a color-note organ
    Deep in the street
    She drove a ’59 Morgan
It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: