Sunday, May 08, 2005

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY

A big shout-out to the Mothers In My Life:

To Ceil, the Mom-in-Law d’Elisson, who has been a veritable mother to me since I married She Who Must Be Obeyed all those many years ago. This is the lady that brought SWMBO into the world, and for that (and much else!) I am eternally thankful.

To Toni, the Stepmom d’Elisson (which would make her the Wife d’Eli), who has made my Daddy’s life so sweet these last 14+ years. She and The Old Man are returning from a week-long trip to Paris today; you can see by this that the two of them are not content to sit around and play Scrabble.

To She Who Must Be Obeyed, who earned the title “Mother” by giving me the most precious gifts I can imagine: Elder Daughter and the Mistress of Sarcasm. I loves me my SWMBO, yes I do, for more reasons than I care to, or have time to, enumerate in this forum.

And to Bernice, the Mom d’Elisson, who, alas, is no longer with us to celebrate the day. She’s been gone 17 years now, but I still chuckle when I remember her salty sense of humor, her love of mysteries and science fiction, and her prodigious golf ability (of which I inherited very little).


Mom d’Elisson, age 20.

To these Moms and to all others: I salute you!

No comments: