Wednesday, May 11, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELDER DAUGHTER

It’s hard to believe our little girl is not so little any more. Elder Daughter turns 26 today.

Twenty-six years ago, she was a tiny little thing, only six pounds at birth...


Mother and daughter.

who would soon develop her own unique personality.



No, this was not taken when SWMBO and I got married. She was simply trying on her wedding dress one last time before we sent it off to be heirloomed...and Elder Daughter was mighty impressed with all the beads and lace.


Elder Only Daughter - 1981.


An introspective moment.


Here, Elder Daughter (still at this point Only Daughter) enjoys a visit with her uncle Morris William in Texas, summer 1981.

Fast forward a few years...


Eye-rolling in Cambridge.

They (whoever “they” are) say Elder Daughter has my looks and personality. I beg to differ: she’s far better looking than I ever was. But they’re right about the personality, at least to the extent that she shares my twisted sense of humor and my even more twisted taste in music and books.


Elder Daughter, 2005.

She is our Elder Daughter, and we love her. Happy birthday, sweetie!

No comments: