Saturday, December 25, 2004

MERRY SHABBES

She Who Must Be Obeyed and I spent a relaxing day today at Chez In-Laws d’Elisson in Fort Worth. And it was the perfect Lazy-Ass Day. We didn’t even bother trying to see a movie this afternoon, choosing instead to work our way through the first three seasons of Seinfeld. Hooray for DVD’s!

The day was especially quiet because nephew William (he of the Recently Shortened Locks) and the Mistress of Sarcasm are in Houston, along with William’s parents. The Mistress hitched a ride with them in order to visit her Houston-area buds; they’ll all return here tomorrow.

This was a day for enjoying Lazy-Ass Day amusements. Playing Scrabble... on a real board, with real wood tiles, counting out the score with dried beans. Drinking hot chocolate. Eating Aaron’s couscous salad and prize-winning chopped liver. Sitting around in comfortable clothes - in my case, my Simpsons lounging pants and Project/Object tee (“Frank Out!”) I’d post a picture, but I am stuck using Momma de SWMBO’s computer, so I am both lacking my normal picture-uploading software and crawling along on a dial-up connection.

You don’t know how much you take broadband for granted until you don’t have it. I feel as though I have been reduced to the electronic equivalent of stone knives and bearskins.

[And that, friends, is why there has been no Friday catblogging here this week, in case you were curious.]

We’ll be back home sometime Tuesday. Until then, I will be bloggin’ away on a catch-as-catch-can basis, using the tools that are available to me. Foo.

No comments: