Friday, May 07, 2010

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Holy crap! Is it Friday already?

Why, yes. Yes, it is. And that means the weekend is almost here... so close I can practically taste it, along with the Bison Hungarian Goulash I have prepared for this evening’s repast. It also means that it’s time for yet another Friday Random Ten, the weekly Morass o’ Music as puked up by the Little White Choon Box. Oh, boy!

So - what’s on today? Lessee:
  1. All Along the Watchtower - Dave Matthews Band

    This Bob Dylan song has been covered by a small army of other notable bands, including the Jimi Hendrix Experience and Dave Mason. What does it mean? Damned if I know... but it is awfully catchy.

    “There must be some way out of here,” said the joker to the thief
    “There’s too much confusion, I can’t get no relief
    Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth
    None of them along the line know what any of it is worth”

    “No reason to get excited,” the thief, he kindly spoke
    “There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke
    But you and I, we’ve been through that, and this is not our fate
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late”

    All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
    While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too

    Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl
    Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl


  2. Three Is A Green Crown - The Incredible String Band

  3. Incognito - The Judybats

  4. Look at the Sky - Original Cast, Urinetown - The Musical

  5. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window - The Beatles

  6. Morning Bell - Radiohead

  7. Right Off - Miles Davis

  8. Gimme Some Loving - Spencer Davis Group

    When I was a freshman in high school, I would listen to the radio (AM, of course) as I washed up in the morning - and I have very clear memories of listening to this 1967-vintage song.

  9. I Lost All My Money At The Cock Fights - Minus The Bear

  10. Careless Love - Madeleine Peyroux

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: