Friday, April 30, 2010

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Viernes. Freitag. Yom ha-Shishi. Vendredi. Venerdi. Vrijdag. Perjantai. Jumat. Xīngqí wǔ. Kin yōbi.

Any way you say it, it’s Friday... and time for the Friday Random Ten, the weekly Mess o’ Musicality as coughed up by the iPod d’Elisson. Let’s see what’s playing today:
  1. Act I, Scene 1: The People Are The Heroes Now - John Adams, Nixon in China

  2. Lumeen nukkuneet - Alamaailman Vasarat

  3. The Hussein Skank - Skankin’ Pickle

  4. Señorita - Chick Corea and Béla Fleck

  5. Absolutely Free - Big Swifty & Associates

    Being an instrumental cover of the Frank Zappa tune.

  6. Lonely At The Top - Randy Newman

    I’ve been around the world
    Had my pick of any girl
    You’d think I'd be happy, but I’m not
    Ev’rybody knows my name
    But it’s just a crazy game
    Oh, it’s lonely at the top

    Listen to the band, they’re playing just for me
    Listen to the people paying just for me

    All the applause - all the parades
    And all the money I have made
    Oh, it’s lonely at the top

    Listen all you fools out there
    Go on and love me - I don’t care
    Oh, it’s lonely at the top
    Oh, it’s lonely at the top


  7. Bogus Pomp - Frank Zappa

  8. Euphonius Whale - Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks

  9. Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers

  10. Killer Inside Me - MC 900 Foot Jesus

    You’ve probably seen me hanging around
    I’m a very familiar face in this town.
    A day doesn’t go by that I don’t meet
    A lot of my friends walking down the street.
    I’m never too busy to stop by the way
    And I’ve always got something pleasant to say.
    Maybe some perceptive thoughts about the weather
    Or the latest news from Wall Street, whatever.
    I could stand around all day making small talk
    Gushing platitudes, blocking the sidewalk
    Tying people up for hours with ease,
    My one big talent is shooting the breeze.
    When they start to squirm, I really get going
    But only my happy-face smile is showing.
    Why can’t they see what I’m trying to hide,
    I’m bustin’ a gut, laughing on the inside.
    It’s in their smile when I say hello
    I can see they think I’m a little bit slow.
    But after a while with me, they look dazed
    Their eyes covered with a donut glaze.
    I really start to cook when I see that look
    I hit ’em with every cliché in the book.
    Their knees wobble and they start to weave
    It’s like they’re begging for permission to leave,
    They think they are having a brush with stupidity
    I don’t laugh, even though it’s killing me.
    Watching them wilt like day-old flowers
    Ticking off the minutes as they turn to hours.
    They are wondering how much more they can take
    I give ’em a friendly smile and a handshake.
    We say goodbye very politely
    Now say hello to the killer inside me

    Now say hello to the killer inside me.
    Everybody has their doubts about my sanity
    But nothing happens ’cause they all feel sorry for me
    I’ve got the whole town under my thumb
    and all I’ve gotta do is keep acting dumb.
    “Oh that boy Lou,” they say, “what a guy,
    A little on the slow side but wouldn’t hurt a fly”
    “And such a gentleman!” “Oh yes, I know.
    He sure can talk your ear off though!”
    I tip my hat and pretend I don’t hear
    Grinning like a half-wit from ear to ear
    I can think of a thousand ways to say hello
    So I start through ’em all, and go real slow.
    They listen hard, and act like they care.
    How can they be so completely unaware
    Of the truth the answer is always denied me
    So I introduce them to the killer inside me.


It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: